What Is BIMCO??
BIMCO is the world’s largest international shipping association, with more than 2,200 members globally. BIMCO provides a wide range of services to our global membership – which includes shipowners, operators, managers, brokers and agents.
BIMCO’s core objective is to facilitate the commercial operations of our members by developing standard contracts and clauses, and providing quality information, advice and education.
BIMCO promotes fair business practices, free trade and open access to markets and they are the strong advocate for the harmonisation and standardisation of all shipping related activity.
BIMCO actively promotes the application of globally agreed regulatory instruments – BIMCO accredited as a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) with all relevant United Nations agencies and other regulatory entities.
BIMCO Broker Membership Benefits
- Intervention service: Assistance in recovering outstanding undisputed amounts
- Notices to members / company information: Access to company information provided by the BIMCO Secretariat as well as information about fraud and extortion.
- Access to BIMCO’s Membership Directory online: Incl. 900 BIMCO Owner Members.
- Access to BIMCO Members’ WebDialog: Free webinars on business critical information delivered at your desk.
- Comprehensive ice reporting: On www.bimco.org or personal assistance via BIMCO Secretariat.
- Nautical expert advice: Guidance on technical, navigational, and operational matters such as liquid and solid bulk cargo loading,ship inspections and port state control on www.bimco.org or personal assistance via BIMCO Secretariat.